January 31, 2013

Cranberry white chocolate cookies.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been spending a lot of time in my kitchen this month. Actually I have been spending a lot of time at home in general. Maybe it's the cold weather that is forcing me to hibernate, but either way I kind of like it! Especially the fact that I have had the chance to test out some recipes that I've been meaning to try! The other day my good friend, Sigrid, came over and brought me the most delicious cookies that I instantly needed the recipe for. They are cranberry white chocolate chip cookies and they are absolutely to die for! Next time you have the urge to bake something, give this recipe a try. It's simple and it seriously won't disappoint.

YOU WILL NEED:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup oats or macadamia nuts (whichever you prefer!)
































***
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

With an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth. Then add the vanilla and egg.  Sift together the flour and baking soda. Spoon the flour mixture gradually into the creamed sugar mixture. Stir in the cranberries, white chocolate, and oats (or nuts.)

Drop by heaping spoonfuls, about 2 tablespoons, onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet a time for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool then enjoy!

***
original recipe found here.
Happy baking! XO, Stef

10 comments:

  1. They look great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! Yum! I love the combination of white chocolate and cranberry. I need to make a batch of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look amazing! I might have to make them tomorrow afternoon ;)

    alysalovely.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I love the plate the most. Do you know the design/ make? very collectable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sorry but i doubt you ate these. you look like you dont eat anything except the occasional fruit, which is evident by your IG. cookies wont make you fat though so try eating something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heyyy, i most definitely ate these, not to worry!

      Delete
  6. That plate is the dinnerware we used every day when I was growing up. I have 2 pieces of it and wish I had the entire set... Memories! Cookies look and sound D-Lish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy :9

    flowercrepess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! It looks delicious!! Have to make them too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete