August 27, 2014

Hornsea pottery love.

We've been collecting Hornsea pottery for years now, and as much as our kitchens have changed over the years, these pieces seem to somehow always stay current. Hornsea pottery has been around since 1949 and was started by two brothers in England. The pottery really took off in the 70's, and we love how the simple designs look timeless and some of the pieces even look like they were made recently!
I love the simple lines and colors of these stripes pieces.

This Springtime horsea piece has sold, and we can see why!

This vase is so simple, but so lovely!

I love the 70's look to these ones.

Ack! These patterns are incredible!
You can buy a set of the blue raindrop salt and pepper shakers here.

I think that I need this spice set in my life. 

I can't decide if I like the brown or this green set better!?

7 comments:

  1. I love that second piece! So pretty.

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thank you for sharing - the green stripy piece is absolutely gorgeous!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I adore those lovely simple white and blue pieces <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up in East Yorkshire, with Hornsea just down the road, Hornsea pottery is everywhere! My parents have a load, I think it's the Poppy design that they wanted, and were gifted as wedding gifts back in the 1980s. It's some sure strong stuff, bounces well too lol. Always fun to wander around the outlet store (that's if it's still here, been years since I was went).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Hornsea springtime vase, so sad it's sold!
    I use my mustard coloured Hornsea "curry" spice jar to store pens (it didn't have a lid) - super cute on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for highlighting some lovely ceramics. Hat's off to John Clappison, the designer of every item in your post.

    ReplyDelete