August 24, 2011

Meet our August sponsors, part two (of 3)!

Hello, lovelies! My name is Ivelisse, and i'm a wife to a laid back dude & momma to a rad little lady . In my corner of the internet, you will find random musings about my little family, grad school escapades, my love for vintage, fashion, crafts, ideas and happenings along the way. Come say hello!


My name, or rather my nickname, is Funtime and I live, work and play in London, UK. I am a "Jill of many trades" including being a freelance writer and blogger. I write a personal blog called Bird in the Bush, which is about living in a bright and busy borough of London called Shepherd's Bush. A long time lover of all things vintage, I began selling some of my best "Funtime Frocks" and jewellery to free up valuable wardrobe space. I have long believed that vintage should be treasured, but I also think it should be affordable and accessible too and I love that Etsy helps me fulfil this vision.


Growing up surrounded by arts and crafts, Christi Jay spends much of her free time taking things apart and reassembling them to create clothing, jewelry, and illustrations. This use of second hand materials provides each piece with its own personal history. She uses factory scraps of leather, hand cuts and knots them to create one of a kind macramé necklaces that are bold as well as lightweight. While currently she only sells her jewelry in the store, there will be clothing and art prints to come!


Diandra and Laura are feminist homemakers, derby girls, gardeners, crafters, starters, finishers, and in general...ass-kickers. We believe in bringing our DIY ethic to everything we do from crafting to community. Every day we work to engineer our community by seeking out and intentionally creating meaningful relationships. We joint-blog to share ideas and inspire each other and their readers to see the possibility and beauty in the everyday. Oh yeah, we have kids too.


I’m a twenty-something girl who married her best friend and then had two incredibly cute little boys. I write about our life as young parents, the hilarious and challenging times that come with having a special needs son and the things I find beautiful in life. I love vintage and handmade things and while most days I’m in sweatpants and elbow deep in dirty diapers, I’m daydreaming of Spring-time dresses, creating something beautiful (or edible) and looking forward to my next cup of coffee.


Hi! I'm Stina, a creative cat lady who spends her free time playing with her cat, yarn and fabric. I dream big and drool over cute dresses and sweet recipes. My blog Her Name Was Greta is my new born baby that I'm looking forward seeing growing and evolving over time. I'm looking forward meeting you all!


Hi, my name is Amy and I am the party. I live in a cute vintage Midtown apartment in Sacramento, CA. My style could be described as vintage modern (a little bit vintage, a little bit modern). A self-proclaimed dork and hostess with the mostess, I spend my free time decorating, searching for vintage treasures, exploring new places, making and designing jewelry and websites, and drinking an absurd amount of coffee. I'd love it if you'd follow me in my adventures as a vintage-modern girl celebrating her love of fashion, food, vintage, DIY, and local culture.


Hi everyone! My name is Bonita Rose and I'm a creative soul living on the prairies in Fargo ND. I love to inspire. I am a collector and lover of all thing vintage. I love thrifting! I make art. I play with color. I sew and play with paint, paper, and rubber stamps. Art has always saved me. Always. Real books and reading are two of my passions. One day, I want to write my story and share my life with the world. Writing to me comes as easy to me as breathing. I am a noncustodial mom to my two fabulous teenage daughters.My dream is to one day, move down south with my husband Greg to Tybee Island, Georgia and live near the ocean. To expand my current Etsy shop to a real handmade and vintage store on the Island. To have my creative studio in my home near the ocean or in my shop, to inspire others. Always, to inspire others.



I am a made-with-my-own-two-hands obsessed girl who hails from the heat and cotton fields of Central California, transplanted to the cool, mossy climate of Seattle. I live in a teensy city apartment with one boyfriend, a lot of vintage Pyrex, and even more yarn.  Between my blog and Etsy shop, you never know what you may find: a delicious recipe, inspirational photos of my canning adventures, vintage family photographs, snapshots and Polaroids of our latest road trip adventure, or Pyrex-inspired collections of kitschy, colorful, crocheted Granny Hoops.  Someday I will have a Victory Garden full of flowers, herbs, and vegetables to eat; but for now I have created a Victory Garden of a different sort, full of hand knit and crocheted curiosities to brighten your walls and warm your souls. How does your garden grow?

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the sponsors this month. They're all very inspiring.

    xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete